Parative is focused on revolutionizing the way companies leverage their customer data to drive revenue. We believe the traditional ways companies leverage customer data is fundamentally broken, so we’ve set out to create a Customer Intelligence Platform to transform how non-technical teams use data to drive business outcomes. Parative is a predominantly Boston-based team founded by serial entrepreneurs, backed by incredible investors, and united by the belief that data is only as good as your ability to understand and act on it.
We’re looking for a data scientist to lead our current analytics-as-a-service function and to contribute to Parative’s overarching goal of enabling customers to put their own customer data to work. As a key member of an early-stage team, you’ll report directly to CTO Jason Zopf and join a growing team of US-based engineers and an established team of developers in Eastern Europe.
Parative is a remote company; however, we are only able to hire eligible candidates in the United States for this role. Given the size of our team and the nature of our work with customers, we require candidates to have primary fluency/bilingual proficiency in English.
About the role:
The primary responsibilities of this role are to support our current analytics-as-a-service customer engagements while figuring out how to productize it into a scalable offering for many different customers. In support of this goal, some or all of the following may be required:
- Manipulate and analyze large, complex data sets to distill insights from customer data
- Collaborate with engineering, customer success, and product teams to understand and support customers’ desired business goals
- Partner with other data scientist(s) to scope, design, build, and implement bespoke solutions for customers utilizing whatever tools are needed
- Conduct both real-time and historical analysis of customer data to identify patterns and trends
- Perform deep dive ad-hoc analyses and set up A/B and multivariate experiments
- Monitor models post-deployment and adjust to learnings on the fly
- Dissect customer datasets, identify potential problems, and propose solutions for delivery during the pre-onboarding phase
- Regularly present methods and communicate findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Communicate directly with customers about their data, their objectives, and the current state of a model without the use of complex technical jargon
- Identify opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to customers about the utilization and optimization of their own customer data
- Serve as a resident data expert and share best practices/approaches for statistics, machine learning techniques, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics
- Work alongside the product team to explore the feasibility of integrating natural language tools into the Parative platform and the expansion of our current approach to analytics-as-a-service into more of a productized primary offering
- Fluency in Python (preferred) or R and SQL
- Proficient with ML software and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Pandas)
- Experience using machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regressions, deep learning, classification models, causal inference, mathematical optimization) to derive insights and find patterns in data
- Knowledge of and interest in NLP and AI
- Previous SaaS experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data in the presence of ambiguity (e.g., confounding factors, data sparsity, data quality)
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and lead multiple large-scale end-to-end projects
- Adept communicator who can synthesize, visualize, and convey complex ideas as well as build compelling presentations that drive actionable insights
- Problem-solver at heart
- Eager to jump in and make meaningful contributions from day 1
- Comfortable with autonomy and collaboration; you know when to ask for help, but are courageous enough to figure things out on your own
- Proud of your work, open to feedback, committed to continuous improvement
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Bonus points:
- You are fluent in AWS and can build CDK or Lambdas to run inferences on your models against real customer data
- You have experience communicating results to non-analytical stakeholders
- You have been in a customer-facing role in a data-led company
We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements.
More about us:
Parative is only as good as the individuals with which we surround ourselves. We’re committed to hiring teammates who embody our guiding principles and challenge our approach. We care tremendously about our employees and deeply believe that the best people are those who are overwhelmingly enthusiastic about joining our team.
- Competitive salary -- our goal is to pay at or above market rate in Boston
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) and stock options
- 4.5-day workweek driven by a prioritization of heads down work Monday-Thursday
- Flexible vacation/paid time off -- we recommend 4 weeks in addition to public holidays
- Stipends for home office expenses, technology, and professional development
Parative is an equal opportunity employer that aspires to build a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Imposter syndrome and the confidence gap are real for many, but not insurmountable obstacles. Don’t let those hold you back here… we’d love to hear from you if you think you’d be an asset to our team.